Sunday 15 January 2012

13 and Finish strong



Just finished the last of my 13 days of training in a row to kick off the new year.
On Friday, the thirteenth, I got the tattoo pictured above. Its nothing too deep or significant, more a bit of fun than anything else to be honest. Kinda fun to have got it done in the middle of this 13 day session.

The other day I was chatting to my boss who is training for his first marathon. He was asking for a few tips and one of the tips I gave him was something I've said to a good few people and something I try to do myself. Try and train to finish strong. Most people start out fast and strong and fall to bits at the end. Its a good idea to train yourself not to be like this. Finish strong in training and you'll finish strong in a race. Today I lived to to this myself by ensuring the last day of the 13 days training was my strongest and fastest run. It felt good.

Tomorrow I have a rest day then on tuesday night the boxing training starts. Dont forget to pop along to sponsor me!!!
http://www.justgiving.com/AustinTanneyTheFight


No comments:

Post a Comment