Thursday 31 May 2012

The death of a blog...


A while ago I wrote a blog post about how I had decided to move my blog.
Stupidly, I appear to have posted this on the new blog.. but not the old one.
GENIUS.
The blog post is HERE And the new blog site is http://austinslide.wordpress.com
I do have a bit of an update on the previous post though that makes this post all the more appropriate. The journey from couch potato to Ironman is on hold.
Not cancelled.. just on hold.
There are personal reasons for this, if you wish to know what they are.. keep reading!
Ironman training takes a lot of time. I have a full time job and two young kids.
I work Monday to Friday, and I don't get to see my kids as much as I would like to. My wife works on a Saturday, so that's my day to be a full time Dad.. which I love.
This means that Sunday is our only family day together. I wish we had more time together as a family, but like everyone else we have bills to pay so we gotta work!
I think I wrote a post before on priorities, I wont bother looking for it or linking to it, but the key message is thus... Unless you're a professional athlete... Training is hugely important, but it shouldn't be a number one priority in your life.
Some people put work first. I put family first.
So, basically I don't have the time to put the hours in that are needed to complete an Ironman (properly). In fairness, I don't really have the time for half Ironman training.. but that's a point to discuss in a later posting over on the new blog http://austinslide.wordpress.com
Does this bother me?
 Nope.
This year hasn't really been triathlon focused anyway. The first few months were all about boxing, which was an amazingly fun and completely different challenge. Ive been running fairly consistently, but not in a structured manner. I haven't really been on the bike at all, and I've been swimming once since the end of last season. At the moment I'm doing a bootcamp with a bunch of martial arts folks (again, the subject of a later blog post) and its also an amazingly fun challenge.
So this year is all about doing some new things and just having some fun. So, in short.. this blog is pretty much dead. All the content is now on the wordpress site and moving forward that is where I will be updating on what I am up to. I hope all you lovely readers will continue to follow my exploits there.
<3
 A

1 comment:

  1. เว็บ ตรง สล็อต สล็อต เว็บ ตรง pg slot pg slot ค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่กำลังเป็นที่นิยมจากนักเล่นพนันทั้งโลก ด้วยประสิทธิภาพของตัวเกมที่ตามมาตรฐานตามระดับสากล ก็เลยมีความปลอดภัยสูง PG SLOT ทั้งยังในหัวข้อการจัดเก็บข้อมูลของผู้รับและก็ประเด็น

    ReplyDelete